WCDS dispatches Pope John Paul, 4-1
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 22, 2012 11:22 PM
John Thompson notched his first-ever varsity goal and Wayne Country Day dispatched Pope John Paul, 4-1, on Friday afternoon.
Ramel Carpenter put the Chargers ahead 1-0 in the second minute.
Senior Cody Neal followed with a goal off Carpetner's assist and Miller Gerard pushed Wayne Country Day's advantage to 3-0 off an assist from Charlie Roethling.
Thompson scored off Neal's assist.
"I was pleased that John got his reward with a goal for the effort he puts in," WCDS head coach Steve Ellis said. "He has a bright future ahead of him. (It was) a good couple of days for the team on the field leading to a big week next week."
PJP converted a penalty kick in the 77th minute.
The Chargers (5-5-1 overall) entertain Epiphany on Tuesday and travel to nemesis Greenfield next Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Hawks, Warriors stage high-scoring affair
- Rosewood spikes Spring Creek in Carolina 1-A volleyball action
- Rosewood doubles up Goldsboro, 4-2
- Princeton, Ayden-Grifton battle to 3-3 draw
- Simmons claims medalist honors at Keith Hills CC
- Spring Creek nets victory over Rosewood
- Saints ground Golden Falcons, 3-2
- Lane Tree LGA news
- Greene Central, Greenfield duel to 2-2 draw