Epiphany takes cross country meet at Waynesborough Park
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 27, 2012 1:48 PM
Epiphany continued to dominate the cross country scene among N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association teams at Waynesborough Park on Tuesday afternoon.
Falcons standout McKinley Gray won the boys race in 17 minutes and 33 seconds and propelled the team to a first-place finish with 20 points.
Wayne Christian finished second on the boys' side despite being without defending state champion Connor Jones, who was sidelined by an ankle injury. Chris Easom paced the Eagles with a sixth-place time of 21:20.
Wayne Country Day was led by Jackson Warren's 18th-place finish of 22:02.
Epiphany won the girls' meet with 38 points. Cape Fear Christian was the only other team with enough runners to register a team score and finished with 68 points.
Wayne Christian's Georgia Parnell ended up 10th in 27:56.
Wayne Country Day's Ami Hodges took 13th in 28:48.
Other Local Sports
- Aycock dumps S. Johnston in pivotal ECC match
- Smith, Brantham comprise Class of 2012 for Rosewood Hall of Fame
- Rebels' ground game presents challenge to Cougars' defense
- Rosewood boys, girls take XC meet at Princeton
- Eastern Wayne drops ECC affair on the road
- North Lenoir stumbles against Cleveland
- Eagles dominate Neuse Charter
- Lopez tallies lone goal in Gators' road win
- Bulldogs take out Gators in straight sets
- North Duplin sweeps Goldsboro