Golden Falcons fare well in ECC cross country meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 4, 2012 1:48 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock dominated both the boys' and girls' races in a three-team, Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference cross country meet Wednesday afternoon.
Charles B. Aycock won the boys' race with 18 points. North Lenoir was second as team with 37 points and Southern Wayne ran third with 81 points.
The Golden Falcons were led by Marvin Alexander's first place finish in the boys race with a time of 20 minutes and 54 seconds. Teammates Payton Cline (21:16) and Jerry Huffman (21:18) finished second and third, respectively.
Zach Respess (21:27) emerged as North Lenoir's top finisher in fourth place. Wesley Smith (22:57) led Southern Wayne with a 12th place finish.
On the girls' side, the Golden Falcons finished with 15 points. Southern Wayne ran second with 48 points.
Kennedy Perkins finished first overall for C.B. Aycock in 27:25. Cady Sheeks (28:01), Ariel Strickland (28:14), Sabrina Johnson (28:26) and Myra Waheed (29:06) followed Perkins to the finish line.
Justine Pfeifer (31:39) crossed the line first for Southern Wayne in sixth place.
Other Local Sports
- JV football: Goldsboro 34, Rosewood 0
- JV football: Southern Wayne 38, Eastern Wayne 12
- Powell scores lone goal in Aycock loss
- Saints drop overtime soccer affair at Triton
- Greene Central upends Tarboro in EPC action
- Princeton earns share of Carolina 1-A volleyball title
- Rosewood pushed to five sets by Spring Creek
- Wayne Christian rolls over Lawrence Academy
- Warriors complete unbeaten run in ECC
- Golden Falcons blank Saints in tennis