JV football: So. Wayne 42, S. Johnston 25
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on October 12, 2012 1:48 PM
DUDLEY -- Tyaire Allen racked up 189 yards of total offense in Southern Wayne's 42-25 win over South Johnston on Thursday night.
Allen threw for 108 yards, including touchdown passes to Marquaill Roddick and D.J. Graham. Allen has completed a pass for a two-point conversion to Alex Bradley. Allen finished with 81 yards rushing and an 8-yard touchdown run. James Leonard gained 101 yards on the ground and had touchdown runs of 12 and 15 yards and a two-point conversion. Xavier Pearsall supplied 65 yards rushing and a touchdown.
Josh Jernigan led the Saints' defense with nine tackles. Shamar Faison and Okanye Wallace each added eight tackles. Chris Stukes recovered a fumble forced by Josh Graham.
Southern Wayne (4-3 overall) plays host to North Lenoir on Oct. 18.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Chargers dominate Oakwood, 8-1, in tennis
- Wayne Christian brings home hardware from CCC tennis tournament
- Southern Wayne-South Johnston box
- Rosewood-Spring Creek box
- Eagles notch first win since Aug. 24
- Prep football roundup: Goldsboro routs Princeton
- Chargers stifle Rebels' rushing attack
- North Duplin-AG box
- Lafond breaks Souza's 8k record
- James Kenan-Midway box