Wayne Christian brings home hardware from CCC tennis tournament
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on October 13, 2012 11:05 PM
RALEIGH -- Wayne Christian claimed three singles titles, two doubles crowns and shared the overall team championship upon conclusion of the Carolina Christian 1-A Conference girls' tennis tournament contested Friday afternoon.
Senior Brooke Barfield, who was named Most Valuable Player of the tournament, emerged the singles champion at the No. 1 flight. Teammates Taylor Willman and Elizabeth Sutton secured singles titles at Nos. 2 and 3, respectively.
Barfield-T. Willman and Sutton-A. Willman each claimed a doubles championship.
Fourth-seeded Ally Willman and sixth-seeded Carla Benton finished as the CCC runner-up in their respective flights. Fifth-seeded Abigail Easom claimed third. Easom-Benton teamed together for a third-place finish at No. 3 doubles.
Wayne Christian and Trinity Academy of Raleigh scored 33 points apiece and shared the team championship.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Middle school roundup
- Princeton upends Rosewood in OT
- NRYFL results
- Ayden-Grifton ends Goldsboro's year on volleyball court
- Spring Creek shuts out Goldsboro
- Benitez logs hat trick for Saints
- White, Rocha pace Trojans in road loss
- Lane Tree Ladies golf news
- Trojans oust Golden Falcons from ECC volleyball tournament
- Prep football notebook: Plenty of football left to play