SJ boys, Triton girls take ECC cross country crowns
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 18, 2012 1:49 PM
FOUR OAKS -- South Johnston emerged the team champions on the boys' side of the ledger and Triton reigned on the girls' side of the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference cross country championships on Wednesday.
South Johnston led the boys with 43 points. North Lenoir finished second, C.B. Aycock fourth, Eastern Wayne fifth and Southern Wayne seventh.
Jerry Huffman ran third overall for the Golden Falcons in 18 minutes, 31 seconds. Zack Respess led North Lenoir with an eighth-place finish. Timothy Cooper paced Eastern Wayne in 13th place and Wesley Smith led Southern Wayne in 22nd position.
In the girls' race, Triton led the team scores with 31 points. Eastern Wayne finished second, Cleveland third, C.B. Aycock fourth and Southern Wayne fifth.
Alyssa Akers led the Warriors with a fourth-place finish in 23:13. Mollianne Kennedy paced Southern Wayne in sixth place. Cady Sheeks ran 17th to lead C.B. Aycock.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV roundup
- Carolina 1-A semifinals: Gators test Dogs early
- Carolina 1-A finals: Princeton repeats as tournament champ
- NRYFL results
- Chargers sweep Knights on senior day in volleyball
- Daniel gets lone point in Gators' season-ending loss
- WCDS nets share of CPIC regular-season girls' tennis championship
- Golden Falcons hammer South Brunswick, 5-1, in tennis
- Dual-team tennis: Eastern Wayne dispatches West Carteret
- WCDS boys charge to second-place finish in CPIC meet