Old Dominion defeats Trojans
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on November 2, 2012 1:48 PM
MOC Sports Information
NORFOLK, Va. -- Jordan McCain scored 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting as Mount Olive fell to Old Dominion, 102-67, in a men's college basketball exhibition game Thursday evening.
Mahammed Ibrahim scored nine of his 12 points in the second half for the Trojans.
After trailing by 22 at halftime, Mount Olive got off to a fast start in the second half as Ibrahim knocked down a pair of three-pointers in the first 44 seconds to pull the Trojans within 53-37 and forced Old Dominion to call a time out. Donte Hill hit a three-pointer on the Monarchs' ensuing possession to thwart the Trojans' momentum.
A steal by McCain led to a fast-break layup by Darrell Patterson cut the margin to 61-43 with 16:36 left to play. Mount Olive was unable to take advantage of a defensive stop and Richard Ross's dunk triggered an 11-0 run to push ODU's lead above 20 for the remainder of the game.
Green and James Kenan alum Mike Moore shared team-high honors with six rebounds apiece, while Dory Hines dished out four assists to go with four rebounds. McCain was 5-of-7 from the free throw line and Patterson was 4-of-6.
Mount Olive tips off its 2012-13 regular season Nov. 16 against West Virginia State in the 47th annual Pickle Classic.
Other Local Sports
- Morris, WAVE president, excited about adding boys' program
- Spring Creek blanks Midway, advances in 1-A boys' soccer playoffs
- Rosewood avenges loss to Lejeune
- Rosewood-Lejeune box
- Princeton upsets North Duplin in 1-A football playoffs
- Princeton-North Duplin box
- Orange eliminates Eastern Wayne from 3-A football playoffs
- Aycock rallies past Burlington Williams in 3-A football playoffs
- NC prep football scores
- Lafond leads MOC to 2nd straight trip to NCAA D2 cross country national meet