Aycock rallies past Burlington Williams in 3-A football playoffs
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 4, 2012 1:53 AM
BURLINGTON -- Charles B. Aycock staged a second-half comeback and defeated Walter Williams, 36-22, in opening-round action of the N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 3-A (small-school) football playoffs Friday evening.
The fifth-seeded Golden Falcons (6-5) travel to Eastern Alamance, the Mideast Region No. 1 seed, on Friday. Kick-off is 7:30 p.m.
Williams controlled the football and the clock, and led 22-14 at halftime.
C.B. Aycock turned the tables in the second half as the trio of Jeremy Hooks, Austin Snowden and Neil Clark plowed through the Williams' defense. Hooks tied the game at 22-22 in the third quarter on a seven-yard run.
Snowden Hooked up with Devin Graves on a 62-yard, go-ahead touchdown completion on the Golden Falcons' next possession. Clark capped the scoring with a 10-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Snowden led the Golden Falcons with 251 yards and two scores through the air. The dual-threat signal caller added 68 yards rushing on 16 carries.
Other Local Sports
- Six Trojans earn spot on Conference Carolinas All-Academic volleyball team
- Preps digest: Middle school, NRYFL
- Prep notebook: James Kenan JV players see quality playing time
- Morris, WAVE president, excited about adding boys' program
- Spring Creek blanks Midway, advances in 1-A boys' soccer playoffs
- Rosewood avenges loss to Lejeune
- Rosewood-Lejeune box
- Princeton upsets North Duplin in 1-A football playoffs
- Princeton-North Duplin box
- Orange eliminates Eastern Wayne from 3-A football playoffs