Orange eliminates Eastern Wayne from 3-A football playoffs
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 4, 2012 1:53 AM
HILLSBOROUGH -- Eastern Wayne's season ended with a 38-6 loss to Orange High School in the NCHSAA 3-A (small-school) football playoffs Friday evening.
The Panthers (9-2 overall) finished with 331 yards of offense compared to just 157 for the Warriors.
Lamorris Pridgen hauled in a 28-yard touchdown pass from Mitch Pike late in the first quarter for Eastern Wayne's lone touchdown. Pridgen caught seven passes for 69 yards.
Pike finished 12 for 19 through the air for 118 yards and a touchdown.
Eastern Wayne concluded the year 4-7 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Gators don't skip a beat
- Local Preps Digest
- Britt: Eagles finding stride
- C.B. Aycock faces another tough road challenge
- Six Trojans earn spot on Conference Carolinas All-Academic volleyball team
- Preps digest: Middle school, NRYFL
- Prep notebook: James Kenan JV players see quality playing time
- Morris, WAVE president, excited about adding boys' program
- Spring Creek blanks Midway, advances in 1-A boys' soccer playoffs
- Rosewood avenges loss to Lejeune