16th MOC golf tournament raises funds
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on November 20, 2012 1:46 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- The 16th annual Mount Olive College Alumni Golf tournament, contested at Southern Wayne Country Club, raised additional proceeds for its ever-growing Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund, which is nearing the $80,000 mark.
Ryan Fields, Taylor Jones, Heath Whitfield and Jeremy Williams compiled a four-player total of 59 to claim the championship flight. The quartet of Bryan DeBose, Dwayne McKay, Tony Hamm and Clark Rose finished runner-up.
The threesome of Bryant Hines, Joey Long and Brad Evans claimed first place in second-flight competition with a 63. The foursome of Jeremy Jeffers, Brandon Faucette, Kevin Coghill and Jonathan Gardner ended up one stroke back in second place.
"This event is about building community, connecting with our alumni, and supporting students," Hope Fields, director of alumni relations, said. "We are so pleased this tournament has grown into an annual tradition, supported by alumni who are committed to helping outstanding students."
Mount Olive College is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The College, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Goldsboro, Research Triangle Park, Jacksonville, and Washington.
For more information, visit www.moc.edu.
Other Local Sports
- Goldsboro-RM Prep basketball boxes
- Rocky Mount Prep-Goldsboro boys
- Preps digest: JV, middle school sports
- Sauls leads Aycock's effort in the pool
- Cougars turn up defensive heat, roll past RM Prep
- Hunt hands CBA first loss of the season
- Warriors tip off season with road win
- Wayne Christian girls defeat Terra Ceia
- Raynor pumps in 24 points, Eagles stop Panthers
- WCDS boys dominate Wilson Christian