Richardson, Holloman lead Warriors on the road
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 21, 2012 9:53 PM
HAVELOCK -- Malik Richardson notched a double-double and Eastern Wayne launched its 2012-13 season with a 70-62, non-conference triumph over Havelock.
Richardson tallied 14 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for the Warriors, who triumphed in Glen Darden's head coaching debut. Goldsboro transfer Quavis Holloman contributed 23 points, five rebounds and four assists.
Micah Smith supplied 11 points, four rebounds and three assists.
"We're a young team," Darden said. "We ran the floor well. We still have a lot to learn, but I think we'll get there."
Eastern Wayne (1-0 overall) travels to Wilson Hunt next Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Outdoors -- Quiet hunting available at Singletary Tract
- Rams fall to Ayden-Grifton
- Southern Wayne triumphs in Smith's debut
- Saints grapple in Hoke County
- Quillen breaks career-win record at Rosewood
- Rosewood's Quillen must keep focus while on the mat
- Bulldogs' maturity paying dividends
- Saints' Cox signs NLI with Gardner-Webb
- County grapplers open season in Turkey Classic
- Simmons, Walker named ECC players-of-the-year in respective sports