Quillen breaks career-win record at Rosewood
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 23, 2012 1:48 PM
WILSON -- Nick Quillen set the career-win record and Rosewood recorded eight pins during a 63-18, non-conference conquest of Wilson Hunt on the wrestling mat.
Quillen pinned the Warriors' Nishaun Mack in 51 seconds, giving him 167 career victories. The senior extended his unbeaten streak to 67 matches.
The Eagles also received pins from Chris Gladson (106 pounds), Matt Cruz (113), Sam Drew (126), Jordan Batson (136), Evan Reiss (152), Josh Drew (160) and Kaleb Smith (170).
Matt Raynor earned a 16-9 decision over Hunt's Jay Johnson at 120 pounds. Teammates Jaquary Green and Blake Dean each earned a forfeit.
Rosewood (3-3 overall) is the guest of Tarboro on Nov. 27
Other Local Sports
- Swimmer Kanter wins two senior gold medals
- Princeton-Plymouth box
- Plymouth ends Princeton's Cinderella season
- Trojan netters ranked 45th nationally in ITA Division II preseason poll
- Stallions too much for Tigers in 1-AA east final
- James Kenan-Southwest Onslow box
- Goldsboro's Bryant, Stampeders eye Grey Cup
- Pirates earn share of CUSA East Division championship
- Outdoors -- Quiet hunting available at Singletary Tract
- Rams fall to Ayden-Grifton