Midway spoils Princeton's season opener
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 28, 2012 1:48 PM
PRINCETON -- Princeton watched a late lead slip away in a season-opening, 48-37 loss to Midway on Tuesday night.
The Bulldogs led 35-33 with three minutes to play, but were haunted by missed free throws down the stretch. Nick Cobb led Princeton with 14 points. Colby Norris added five points.
The Bulldogs (0-1 overall) visit North Johnston on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Middle school results
- Rosewood grapplers split with Tarboro, North Pitt
- Massengill records double-double for Bulldogs
- Fike slips past Southern Wayne boys
- Davis emerges Chargers' top scorer in road win
- WCDS' Pittman qualifies for NCISAA state swim meet
- Bethel Christian upends Faith Christian girls in NCCSA region affair
- Golden Falcon girls fall behind early, never recover
- Barfield, Kornegay pace Eagles against Faith-RM
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes