Rosewood's Silknitter fares well in meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 28, 2012 1:48 PM
Rosewood's Kodey Silknitter emerged victorious in the 500-yard freestyle and placed second in the 200-yard individual medley during a multi-team swim meet contested at B.G. Darden Natatorium inside the Goldsboro Family Y on Tuesday evening.
Silknitter beat his nearest competitor by nearly 30 seconds in the 500 free, touching the wall in 5 minutes, 54.78 seconds. He finished runner-up to Goldsboro's Logan Cole with a time of 2:23.65 in the 200 IM.
The Eagles' foursome of Silknitter, Garner Beasley, Evan Daniels and Christian Scheu recorded a fifth-place finish in the 200 free relay.
Eastern Wayne's Ty Schmeltzer grabbed second in the 100 backstroke and swam the second leg on the Warriors' 400 free relay that placed third overall in 4:13.67. Joining Schmeltzer were Sean O'Connell, Greg Moorehead and Joseph Henry.
Goldsboro's Zach Darden won two events -- the 100 butterfly and 100 breaststroke. He was the opening leg on the Cougars' 200 yard medley relay which ended up first in 1:54.89. Darden was joined by Victor Prezbindowski, Logan Cole and Christian Martens.
The Cougars' 400 free relay of Darden, Prezbindowski, Victor Spagnuolo and Cole took second.
C.B. Aycock's Sam Chastain was third in the 50 free.
Southern Wayne's Chad Davis emerged victorious in the 200 free and was runner-up in the 100 fly.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Middle school results
- Rosewood grapplers split with Tarboro, North Pitt
- Massengill records double-double for Bulldogs
- Fike slips past Southern Wayne boys
- Davis emerges Chargers' top scorer in road win
- WCDS' Pittman qualifies for NCISAA state swim meet
- Bethel Christian upends Faith Christian girls in NCCSA region affair
- Golden Falcon girls fall behind early, never recover
- Barfield, Kornegay pace Eagles against Faith-RM
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes