Trojans among leaders in Hawn Cup competition
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on November 29, 2012 1:49 PM
HIGH POINT -- Mount Olive College remains in contention to repeat in two categories after sweeping the Joby Hawn Cup competition a year ago.
The Trojans share second place overall with second-year member King (Tenn.) College, and are one-half point out of first place in the men's Cup race behind Limestone (S.C.) College.
The Trojan women are sixth.
Belmont Abbey, which advanced to the NCAA Division II tournament in women's soccer and women's volleyball, owns a seven-point advantage over MOC and King in the overall Cup race. Belmont Abbey also leads the women's portion of the Cup by 6.5 points over King.
Limestone advanced to the NCAA tournament in men's soccer, while Mount Olive made its second consecutive appearance in the NCAA men's cross country championships.
The Cup is named after former Commissioner H.C. "Joby" Hawn for his many years of service to the conference.
Other Local Sports
- Perennial power Lakewood tops SW girls
- Outlaw, Roberts pace SW boys on the road
- Reid, Winston-Salem State teammates use 2011 as motivation
- Preps digest: JV, middle school sports
- Prep wrestling box scores
- Preps digest: JV sports roundup
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Hunt rolls over Eastern Wayne's boys
- Rams hold off Demons in basketball
- Cougars collect road win at Southern Nash