Three CBA grapplers medal in invitational
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on December 3, 2012 1:49 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Banged and bruised Charles B. Aycock put some new faces on the mat and finished seventh overall during the Grant Wilder Wilson Invitational contested Saturday at Rocky Mount High School.
Newcomer Jacob Dickenson emerged the runner-up at 113 pounds. Teammates Zack Howard and Jordan Bailey placed third at 106 and 120 pounds, respectively.
"Jacob is no longer a mystery, finishing second at one of the toughest tournaments we will wrestle," Aycock head coach Marc Peck said. "He is off to a great start as a first-year starter."
First-year wrestlers Trenton Marquard (132 pounds) and Jaret Paynter (152) each posted a 3-2 record during the day-long, 15-team event.
"This was a tournament where we put in some underclassmen to get some experience as we rest and heal some injuries," Peck said. "We were extremely proud of Trenton and Jaret."
The Golden Falcons (6-1 overall) travel to Southern Nash on Wednesday, and will participate in the annual Eagle Invitational at Rosewood on Dec. 8.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Rosewood's Scout Anderson signs with MOC
- Saints use late offensive surge to beat Jones Senior
- CBA girls fall to Hunt
- North Duplin girls struggle against Union
- Wooten leads Princeton boys past Midway
- Mabry, Eagles knock off Lakewood
- Ivey paces Rebels' offense in loss to Union
- Hunt rolls past CBA boys
- Lee Christian defeats Wayne Christian boys