Eastern Wayne boys prevail in ECC opener
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 12, 2012 1:47 PM
CLAYTON -- Malik Richards tallied 19 points and Eastern Wayne opened Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play with a 68-53 victory over Cleveland on Tuesday evening.
Richards pulled down five rebounds and dished out two assists for the Warriors, who improved to 3-3 overall this season. Quavis Holloman provided 21 points, four rebounds and five assists.
First-year head coach Glen Darden said Dayshawn Pridgen played a "terrific game on defense" and that the Warriors pushed the ball up the floor well.
Eastern Wayne plays Ayden-Grifton on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Wednesday's prep basketball boxes
- Golden Falcons handle Rams in girls' hoops
- Ladybirds rally, defeat Cougars
- Warriors take pair of road wins
- Rocky Mount matmen stop Princeton
- Cleveland out-grapples short-handed Aycock
- WCDS boys suffer 1st loss of the season
- Hungry Firebirds hold Cougars to 10 second-half points
- Spring Creek upends Hobbton