CBA boys knock off Greene Central
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 13, 2012 1:47 PM
SNOW HILL -- Charles B. Aycock bounced back from a loss to conference foe North Lenoir on Tuesday evening with a 66-47 win on Wednesday night at Greene Central.
Michael Williams finished with 26 points and 12 rebounds for the Golden Falcons. A.J. Mundle supplied eight points and eight rebounds. Shakel Powell and Trae Woodard had eight points and five rebounds apiece.
Joseph Biggs led the Rams with 14 points.
Greene Central (2-6 overall) begins Eastern Plains 2-A Conference play Friday at North Pitt, while Aycock (5-5) entertains Cleveland on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Wednesday's prep basketball boxes
- Golden Falcons handle Rams in girls' hoops
- Ladybirds rally, defeat Cougars
- Warriors take pair of road wins
- Rocky Mount matmen stop Princeton
- Cleveland out-grapples short-handed Aycock
- WCDS boys suffer 1st loss of the season
- Hungry Firebirds hold Cougars to 10 second-half points
- Spring Creek upends Hobbton