Ladybirds rally, defeat Cougars
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 13, 2012 1:47 PM
Southern Nash got hot at the right time offensively and rallied for a 66-56, non-conference win over Goldsboro on Wednesday night.
The Firebirds scored 30 points in the final quarter to complete the comeback from a double-digit deficit. Kadejah Manning led the Southern Nash rally with 12 of her 15 points in the final period. Destiny Burgess paced the Firebirds for the game with 18 points.
The loss took a little bit of the luster off a brilliant performance by Goldsboro freshman Tyona Moses. The unflappable forward poured in a career-high 36 points in the defeat.
Talaya Lassiter was the only other Cougar in double figures with 11 points.
Goldsboro (4-2 overall) travels to Eastern Wayne on Friday night.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Eastern Wayne girls climb to 8-0 overall
- Friday's prep basketball boxes
- Coker women upset MOC; Trojan men lose 6th straight game
- Defensive switch helps Tigers ease past Rebels
- Goldsboro boys rally late, takes season series against EW
- Pirates' defensive pressure bothers Bulldogs
- EW girls improve to 7-0 with road win
- Ayden-Grifton upends Eastern Wayne boys
- Aycock accounts for North Duplin's offense
- Royal scores 20 points in Rebels' home defeat