Warriors take pair of road wins
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 13, 2012 1:47 PM
FOUR OAKS -- Eastern Wayne launched its Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference season with a 51-23 thrashing of South Johnston on Tuesday evening.
The Warriors (6-3 overall, 1-0 ECC) also defeated perennial 2-A powerhouse North Johnston for the second time this season, 54-26.
Cainen Miller (113 pounds), Brice Heller (120), Josh Ginnity (126), Romario Torres (132), Darrian Adkins (145), Justice Johnson (152), Quadrick Williams (160), Jamel Barrett (195) and Andre Smith (220) each emerged victorious against South Johnston.
Miller, Heller, Ginnity, Torres, Johnson, Williams and Barrett each pinned their respective opponent. Smith claimed a decision.
Cameron Martin (113 pounds), Aaron Farmer (138), Jordan-Austin Lane (170) and Rashaun Pridgen (182) each scratched in the win column against North Johnston. Heller, Ginnity, Torres, Williams and Smith also triumphed.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Eastern Wayne girls climb to 8-0 overall
- Friday's prep basketball boxes
- Coker women upset MOC; Trojan men lose 6th straight game
- Defensive switch helps Tigers ease past Rebels
- Goldsboro boys rally late, takes season series against EW
- Pirates' defensive pressure bothers Bulldogs
- EW girls improve to 7-0 with road win
- Ayden-Grifton upends Eastern Wayne boys
- Aycock accounts for North Duplin's offense
- Royal scores 20 points in Rebels' home defeat