EW girls pick up pace in 3rd quarter
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 19, 2012 1:47 PM
Eastern Wayne outscored New Bern 16-2 in the third quarter and rolled to a 60-43, non-conference win Tuesday evening at New Hope.
The teams entered halftime tied at 26-all.
"We played a bit sluggish in the first half," Eastern Wayne head coach Tyrone Wagner said. "The girls turned up the pressure in the third quarter."
Tianna Christopher led the Warriors with 13 points. Elondia Grant and Tasia Marsh tallied 12 and nine points, respectively.
Megan Mozingo and Rajuana Boyette provided six points apiece.
The Warriors (10-0 overall) play host to Havelock on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV roundup
- Preps digest: JV, middle school roundup
- Goldsboro-Hunt, Cleveland-Aycock boxes
- Southern Wayne matmen sweep tri-meet
- Princeton girls drop road game
- Faith Christian boys defeated by Hilltop Christian
- Princeton boys fall to Corinth-Holders
- Warrior boys answer Firebirds' third-period surge
- Beddingfield beats Greene Central in EPC play
- Fike boys ease past Saints