Eagles start quick, cruise past Cougars
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 20, 2012 1:47 PM
Rosewood picked up 17 quick points and handed county foe Goldsboro a 65-18, non-conference loss at Norvell T. Lee Gymnasium on Wednesday evening.
The Eagles' Matt Raynor and Samuel Drew collected back-to-back forfeits at 126 and 132 pounds, respectively, before returning state champion Nick Quillen needed two minutes to hand the Cougars' Aaron Parnell an 18-0 loss.
Goldsboro's ShaQuan Oliver and Kurtis Durham prevailed, which closed the gap to 17-12. Rosewood answered with a decisive 51-6 run that ended the short-handed Cougars' hopes of pulling off the upset.
Evan Reiss (160), Syhieem Peterson (170), Dylan Melgar (182), Kenny Moser (195), heavyweight Rayquan Jones, Chris Gladson (106), Malique Boyd (113) and Angel Jaramillo (120) each picked up a win for the Eagles.
Ricardo Exum won at 220 pounds for the Cougars.
Other Local Sports
- Rosewood's rally falls short against Cleveland girls
- Prep basketball boxes
- C.B. Aycock boys miss chances to score at free throw
- Eastern Wayne girls remain perfect on season
- Havelock boys capitalize on E. Wayne turnovers
- Bulldog Xmas Classic briefs
- Cougars win 3 events at indoor track meet
- Spring Creek girls fall to Jones Senior
- McCarty scores 10 points in Rebels' loss
- Union boys rally past North Duplin