Golden Falcons out-grapple Bulldogs
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 20, 2012 1:47 PM
PRINCETON -- Charles B. Aycock recorded the initial takedown in 10 individual matches and rolled to a 70-11, non-conference triumph over Princeton on Wednesday evening.
The Golden Falcons received pins from Daniel Romo (138 pounds), Jaret Paynter (152), Khaleil Owens (160), Broc Doyle (170), Alyssa Wychunas (182), Ryan Morton (195), Landon Moore (220), heavyweight Jorge Flores, Zack Howard (103) and Jacob Dickenson (120).
Jaquan Walker scored a major decision over the Bulldogs' Dillon Pace at 145 pounds. Teammate David Gravatt earned a forfeit at 126.
Martin Bayles (113) and Alan Fader (132) emerged victorious for Princeton.
The Golden Falcons (13-2 overall) play host to the annual Pilkington Memorial Duals on Dec. 29.
Other Local Sports
- Rosewood's rally falls short against Cleveland girls
- Prep basketball boxes
- C.B. Aycock boys miss chances to score at free throw
- Eastern Wayne girls remain perfect on season
- Havelock boys capitalize on E. Wayne turnovers
- Bulldog Xmas Classic briefs
- Cougars win 3 events at indoor track meet
- Spring Creek girls fall to Jones Senior
- McCarty scores 10 points in Rebels' loss
- Union boys rally past North Duplin