By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 28, 2012 1:47 PM
Leesville Road 61,
* RALEIGH -- Leesville Road used some stiff second half defense to put away Goldsboro 61-46 in the consolation game of the HighSchoolOT.com Holiday Invitational on Thursday.
The Pride were led by Brandon Staves' 16-point outing.
Damarian Henderson paced Goldsboro with 19 points. Lonzia Tyson added nine points in the defeat.
Goldsboro (5-6 overall) plays host to C.B. Aycock on Jan. 3, 2013.
Wayne Country Day 70, Calvary Baptist 66
* ASHEVILLE -- Wayne Country Day outlasted Calvary Baptist 70-66 in the Carolina Day School Holiday Classic on Thursday night.
Joel Davis led the Chargers with 24 points. Deshar Thomas added 20 points and Lee Atkinson finished with 16 points in the win.
Wayne Country Day plays Laurens High School today.
Eastern Wayne 74,
J.H. Rose 38
* VANCEBORO -- Eastern Wayne dominated J.H. Rose in the opening round of the West Craven Holiday Invitational on Thursday night.
The Warriors were led by Tiana Christopher's 12 points. Shontell Monkscored 10 points. Tasia Marsh added eight points in the win. All 14 players dressed for Eastern Wayne scored in the game.
Eastern Wayne (12-0 overall) plays West Craven tonight.
Rocky Mount 43,
* PRINCETON -- Heavyweight Matthew Peedin earned a pin over Rocky Mount's Tycen Hunter but it was not enough to propel Princeton to a victory on Thursday night.
Michael Doughtry, Martin Bayles and Cameron Cook each pinned their opponent for the Bulldogs. Ryan Braswell won by forfeit. The teams double-forfeited the 220-pound match.
Princeton travels to Carolina 1-A Conference rival Ayden-Grifton on Jan. 3, 2013.
Ayden-Grifton 45, Rosewood 35
* Defending 1-A East Regional champion Ayden-Grifton earned enough points to turn back Rosewood on Thursday night.
Nick Quillen got the Eagles started with a technical fall victory at 138 pounds. Kaleb Smith, Malique Boyd, Angel Jaramillo and Samuel Drew each recorded a pin for Rosewood. Matthew Raynor won by forfeit at 132 pounds.
East Duplin 12
* Rosewood earned a 69-12 dual team win over East Duplin on Thursday night.
Evan Reiss, Josh Drew, Kaleb Smith, Kenny Moser, Kaleb Taylor, Chris Gladson, Angel Jaramillo, Samuel Drew and Nick Quillen each pinned their respective opponent for the Eagles.
Blake Dean won a decision at 220 pounds. Matthew Raynor and Malique Boyd each were awarded a forfeit.
Rosewood travels to Tarboro on Jan. 4, 2013.