EW girls stay unbeaten in ECC play
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 5, 2013 11:06 PM
League-leading Eastern Wayne broke open the game in the third quarter and rolled past Charles B. Aycock, 54-32, in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play Friday evening.
The Warriors turned a six-point halftime lead into a 35-22 cushion after three periods.
"We started slow," Warriors' head coach Tyrone Wagner said. "We were able to pick up our defensive intensity in the second half and get our transition game going. It was nice to see us execute well offensively in the second half."
Megan Mozingo led Eastern Wayne with 12 points. Jasmine Covington supplied 11 points. Tianna Christopher had 10 points.
Quanika Artis paced the Golden Falcons with 10 points.
Eastern Wayne (14-1 overall, 3-0 ECC) travels to Triton on Monday. Aycock (4-10, 1-2) visits Southern Wayne on Jan. 16.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Middle schools roundup
- Spring Creek boys drop league opener
- Triton boys pull away in 4th quarter
- Weekend preps
- Rosewood matmen claim 17th regular-season league title
- Peck's prediction comes true at 13th Falcon Invitational
- Preps digest: JV roundup
- Opinion: Aycock officials have opportunity to upgrade football program
- Princeton boys escape Neuse Charter
- Friday's prep basketball boxes