Princeton girls roll past Neuse Charter
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 5, 2013 11:06 PM
SMITHFIELD -- Princeton grabbed the lead early in the first quarter and cruised to a 45-24, non-conference win over Neuse Charter on Friday night.
Savanna Massengill scored all of her team-high 17 points in the first half as the Bulldogs built a 30-6 lead.
"We wanted to come out and play with focus from the opening tip," Princeton head coach Marty Gurganus said. "I felt like we built momentum during our holiday tournament before Christmas and I wanted to continue that tonight."
Dominique Dakin paced Neuse Charter with 17 points.
Hailey Wood added eight points for the Bulldogs. Tori Paul finished with six points.
Princeton (6-5 overall) opens Carolina 1-A Conference play at Spring Creek on Jan. 11.
Other Local Sports
- Weekend preps
- Rosewood -- Conference champs
- 13th Falcon Invitational
- Preps digest: JV roundup
- Opinion: Aycock officials have opportunity to upgrade football program
- Princeton boys escape Neuse Charter
- Friday's prep basketball boxes
- Patterson sparks MOC men on road
- Eastern Wayne boys rally past CBA
- EW girls stay unbeaten in ECC play