Spring Creek boys drop league opener
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 8, 2013 1:47 PM
Ayden-Grifton built a double-digit lead in the opening half and pulled away for a 60-45 victory over Spring Creek in the Carolina 1-A Conference opener for both teams Monday evening.
Daniel Krentz led the Gators' offense with 13 points. Tre Hammonds contributed seven points, four assists and five rebounds. Jordan Hicks provided six points and a team-best nine rebounds.
"I thought our guys played one of the best games of the year last night," SC head coach Taylor Jones said. "We executed better than we have all year on the offensive and defensive ends of the floor last night. We are improving and that's been our number one goal all year.
"If we keep improving every day, we will give ourselves a chance in every game."
Spring Creek (3-8 overall, 0-1 CC) visits Princeton on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Lejeune girls roll past North Duplin
- North Duplin boys notch first win of the season
- Trojan women rally from 15-point deficit to flush Royals
- Early second-half run helps MOC men
- Whitfield gets to intertwine his two loves -- baseball, country music --during ceremony
- Local Preps Digest
- Wayne Christian girls halt skid
- Wayne Christian-Neuse boxes
- Trojans tabbed to claim Conference Carolinas championship
- Loss fuels Mount Olive's fire