Triton boys pull away in 4th quarter
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 8, 2013 1:47 PM
ERWIN -- Triton poured in 33 fourth-quarter points and handed Eastern Wayne a 70-64 loss in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play Monday evening.
Quavis Holloman delivered 15 points and six assists for the Warriors, who dipped to 2-2 against ECC opposition this season. Zeke Martin supplied 11 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
Micah Smith just missed a double-double with nine points and nine rebounds. Malik Richards registered 10 points and four rebounds.
"It was a tough game down there," first-year EW head coach Glen Darden said. "They are a good ballclub and run the floor well. We did some good things, too, and I think we surprised them a little bit."
Maurice and Krishawn McBryde led five Triton players in double figures with 16 points apiece. The Hawks (12-2 overall) remained perfect in four ECC outings this season.
Eastern Wayne (5-9) plays host to North Lenoir on Jan. 16.
Other Local Sports
- Lejeune girls roll past North Duplin
- North Duplin boys notch first win of the season
- Trojan women rally from 15-point deficit to flush Royals
- Early second-half run helps MOC men
- Whitfield gets to intertwine his two loves -- baseball, country music --during ceremony
- Local Preps Digest
- Wayne Christian girls halt skid
- Wayne Christian-Neuse boxes
- Trojans tabbed to claim Conference Carolinas championship
- Loss fuels Mount Olive's fire