MOC volleyball wins
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on January 12, 2013 11:55 PM
MOC Sports Information
BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Andreas Lengler recorded a team-high 11 kills and Mount Olive College swept Quincy (Ill.) 25-19, 25-21, 25-21 during a preseason tournament hosted by King College.
Ben Casado handed out 29 assists for the unbeaten Trojans, who avenged a regular-season sweep against Quincy last season. Senior libero Dan Arnold anchored the defense with 10 digs.
Quincy gave MOC all it could handle in each set.
The lead changed hands on five occasions late in the opening set before the Trojans (2-0 overall) pulled away. Adam Miracle supplied two kills and an assist, and Casado dished out three assists to close out the set.
Three late-set errors by the Hawks turned the momentum in the Trojans' favor. Lengler and Angel Dache each collected a kill to help MOC seize a 2-0 advantage in the best-of-three affair.
The teams staged a back-and-forth third set and Quincy climbed to within 21-20 on three straight kills. But errors once again proved critical and the Trojans, led by Einarson and Dache, helped wrap up the three-set sweep.
MOC ends its season-opening, three-game road swing Wednesday at in-state foe Barton College. First serve is 7 p.m. at Wilson Gym.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV roundup
- Saints trip up Golden Falcons in ECC hoops
- Wednesday's prep basketball boxes
- North Lenoir boys stay unbeaten in ECC
- Eastern Wayne girls still perfect in ECC
- Southern Wayne girls knock off C.B. Aycock
- Hines flirts with triple-double, MOC men extend win streak to 5
- Golden Falcon matmen pin down county archrival
- CBA-E. Wayne wrestling results
- Local Preps Digest