Golden Falcon girls cruise past Hawks
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 23, 2013 1:47 PM
LAGRANGE -- Charles B. Aycock scored the final eight points of the game and cruised past North Lenoir on the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference basketball scene on Tuesday night.
The Golden Falcons (6-11 overall, 3-3 ECC) opened up a double-digit lead in the first half thanks to a stellar defensive effort. C.B. Aycock held North Lenoir to just nine points and built a 21-9 advantage at the break.
North Lenoir (2-16, 0-6) rallied early in the fourth quarter and cut the deficit to eight points, but could get no closer.
Quaya Porter paced the Hawks with nine points. Amanda Bizzell added six points in the loss.
C.B. Aycock was led by Ashley Darden's 10-point effort. Lauren Butler and Taylor Daniels each finished with eight points for the Golden Falcons.
C.B. Aycock plays host to South Johnston on Friday night, while North Lenoir entertains to Triton.
Other Local Sports
- Eastern Wayne matmen pin county rival
- Preps digest: JV sports
- Goldsboro boys top Rosewood, stay perfect in league play
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Jetton scores ace at GMGC
- Hill scores 24 in Faith Christian's road defeat
- Triton boys upend Southern Wayne
- Princeton boys turn back North Duplin
- WCDS girls drop CPIC road game
- Wilson Christian girls too strong for Faith Christian