CBA matmen turn back Triton
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 24, 2013 1:47 PM
ERWIN -- Senior Charlie Mills returned to the lineup, provided some energy and Charles B. Aycock squeezed past Triton, 46-33, in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference action Wednesday evening.
Mills, who has dealt with back issues most of the season, pinned the Hawks' Jason Bryant at 138 pounds.
"Charlie's return to the lineup was key for us tonight," CBA head coach Marc Peck said.
The Golden Falcons held a 6-4 edge in contested matches. Jacob Dickenson (120 pounds), Khaleil Owens (160) and Ryan Morton (195) each pinned their respective opponent. Daniel Romo and Jaquan Walker each logged a technical fall at 132 and 145 pounds, respectively.
Aycock's Blake Davis and Zack Howard each received a forfeit.
"It was an excellent night for us as it puts us in the driver's seat for the state dual playoffs," Peck said.
The Golden Falcons (24-4 overall, 3-1 ECC) return to the match tonight for a non-conference tri-meet at Northern Nash. Future ECC foe New Bern will also compete.
Other Local Sports
- MOC men's volleyball team tops Lees-McRae
- Limestone uses 2nd-half run to defeat Trojan women
- MOC men knock off Limestone
- Jovan Williams plays in Aztec Bowl
- Goldsboro boys starting to find identity with Stephens
- CBA grapplers dump No. Nash, falls to New Bern
- Rosewood's Quillen gets career win No. 200
- MOC women lose lead, ease past Crusaders
- MOC men defeat Belmont Abbey
- Preps digest: Middle school news