Jovan Williams plays in Aztec Bowl
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 26, 2013 11:03 PM
MONTERREY, Mexico -- Goldsboro native Javon Williams provided a rushing touchdown and the All-American Eagles rolled to a 49-26 victory over ONEFA All-Stars during the 40th annual Aztec Bowl.
A sophomore at Livingstone College, Williams rambled for a 26-yard touchdown in the opening quarter, which gave the Eagles the lead for good at 13-7.
The Eagles' squad included 40-plus players from 30-plus teams on the NCAA Division I, II and III levels.
Williams also competed in the 2012 All-American Bowl in Minneapolis, Minn. The Rosewood High alum finished with 1,073 all-purpose yards for Livingstone, which ended the season 2-8 overall and 2-5 against Southern Division opposition in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Southern Wayne comes back, grinds out ECC boys' win
- Rosewood boys stay in Carolina 1-A title chase
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Cleveland clinches ECC crown at Eastern Wayne's expense
- Aycock matmen easily defeat county rival on senior night
- Quillen ties county career-win mark
- Faith Christian stops NCCSA foe Trinity-Greenville
- Freedom Christian, WCDS boys engage in CPIC slugfest
- Northwood boys roll past Wayne Christian