Rosewood girls now 3-1 in league play
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 29, 2013 1:47 PM
Rosewood logged 21 team assists and collected 25 steals defensively in an 81-17 triumph over North Duplin on the Carolina 1-A Conference scene Monday evening.
Freshman Lexi Mercer emerged the Eagles' top scorer with 23 points. Holly Heath contributed 13 points. Alicia Burns and Hayley Mercer knocked down nine points apiece.
Mercer and Krystal Yelverton dished out five assists apiece. Desiree Baker hauled down a team-leading six rebounds. Mercer and Heath each pulled down five boards.
Ten of 11 players scratched in the scoring column for Rosewood, which improved to 10-5 overall and 3-1 against league opposition this season. The Eagles travel to archrival Princeton today.
North Duplin converted 7 of 19 field goal attempts and got a team-high eight points from Deja Aycock, who played 30 of 32 minutes. Shaily McCarty contributed four points.
The Rebels (2-15 overall, 0-4 CC) entertain Spring Creek today.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Southern Wayne comes back, grinds out ECC boys' win
- Rosewood boys stay in Carolina 1-A title chase
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Cleveland clinches ECC crown at Eastern Wayne's expense
- Aycock matmen easily defeat county rival on senior night
- Quillen ties county career-win mark
- Faith Christian stops NCCSA foe Trinity-Greenville
- Freedom Christian, WCDS boys engage in CPIC slugfest
- Northwood boys roll past Wayne Christian