EW girls now 8-0 against ECC opposition
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 30, 2013 1:47 PM
Eastern Wayne turned up the pressure in the second half and rolled past Southern Wayne 71-41 on the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference basketball scene on Tuesday night.
The Warriors improved to 19-1 overall and 8-0 in ECC play.
"Our number one goal since league play began was to go undefeated," Eastern Wayne head coach Tyrone Wagner said. "We have done a good job so far, but there are a few big hurdles to clear in order to reach our goal."
Elondia Grant paced Eastern Wayne with 22 points. Tiana Christopher added 11 points in the win.
Zaria Atkins led the way for Southern Wayne with 17 points. Cierra Thompson, Lyric Seaberry and Keejah Wilson each finished with six points in the loss.
Southern Wayne entertains Cleveland tonight. Eastern Wayne visits C.B. Aycock on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Southern Wayne comes back, grinds out ECC boys' win
- Rosewood boys stay in Carolina 1-A title chase
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Cleveland clinches ECC crown at Eastern Wayne's expense
- Aycock matmen easily defeat county rival on senior night
- Quillen ties county career-win mark
- Faith Christian stops NCCSA foe Trinity-Greenville
- Freedom Christian, WCDS boys engage in CPIC slugfest
- Northwood boys roll past Wayne Christian