MOC men's volleyball team sweeps Coker
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on January 30, 2013 1:47 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Alex Rivero and Renzo Rossato combined for 11 of Mount Olive's 17 service aces during a 25-11, 25-14, 25-18 triumph over Conference Carolinas men's volleyball foe Coker (S.C.) College on Tuesday evening.
Rivero pounded out 10 kills for the Trojans, who improved to 6-1 overall and 5-0 against league opposition this season. Rossato added seven kills for MOC, which recorded a crisp .418 hitting percentage in the three-set sweep.
Quaid Marin got his first start of the season at setter and recorded 24 assists. Tim Ebbecke led all players with three blocks. Mount Olive sat out three starters and played its bench for the entire second and third sets.
The team record for aces is 20, set against Wells (N.Y.) College last year.
The Trojans return to action Friday with a weekend trip to the Keystone State. MOC faces Division I foes St. Francis (Pa.) and Penn State.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Southern Wayne comes back, grinds out ECC boys' win
- Rosewood boys stay in Carolina 1-A title chase
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Cleveland clinches ECC crown at Eastern Wayne's expense
- Aycock matmen easily defeat county rival on senior night
- Quillen ties county career-win mark
- Faith Christian stops NCCSA foe Trinity-Greenville
- Freedom Christian, WCDS boys engage in CPIC slugfest
- Northwood boys roll past Wayne Christian