Preps digest: JV, middle school news
By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on January 30, 2013 1:47 PM
* Boys' basketball: Eastern Wayne 71, Southern Wayne 56 -- Jaylin Thomas led the Warriors with 17 points and eight rebounds. Darrian Applewhite added 12 points and Dameko Artis tallied 11 markers in the win. Eastern Wayne (14-4 overall, 6-2 ECC) visits C.B. Aycock on Friday.
* Boys' basketball: Goldsboro 54, Ayden-Grifton 35 -- Kisheem Faison and Nashir Bowden both scored 10 points for the Cougars. Eric Bufkin finished with nine points and Andre Castille had seven. The Cougars rose to 11-4 overall and 4-0 in Carolina 1-A Conference play.
* Boys' basketball: Freedom Christian 63, Wayne Country Day 61 -- Preston Edwards scored 22 points for the Chargers (8-3, 2-2 CPIC). Tyrique McClain contributed 13 points and Cory Carpenter had 11.
* Girls' basketball: Freedom Christian 27, Wayne Country Day 17 -- Lillian Freeman led the Chargers (1-9, 0-6 CPIC) with eight points. Hannah Neal and Jasmine Jones both scored four points.
* Girls' basketball: Eastern Wayne 39, Southern Wayne 26 -- Kerah Rouse paced the Warriors with a game-high 13 points. Curyna Chase and Casey Young chipped in nine and six points, respectively.
* Boys' basketball: Freedom Christian 52, Wayne Country Day 28 -- Hayes Gerrard led the Chargers (7-5, 4-2 CPIC) with 12 points.
* Girls' basketball: Norwayne 36, Rosewood 10 -- Tameka Powell led Norwayne with 21 points. Connor Vinson added eight points and Hannah Vinson had four. Hannah Daniels led Rosewood (8-6) with four points. Norwayne (13-0) travels to Spring Creek on Thursday while Rosewood faces Greenwood.
Other Local Sports
- Local preps digest
- Rosewood drops game at Ayden-Grifton
- Princeton boys take down Spring Creek
- Prep basketball boxes
- MOC women fall to North Greenville
- MOC men defeat North Greenville
- MOC baseball sweeps Lenoir-Rhyne
- Hot Stove Banquet set for Monday
- C.B. Aycock boys defeat Eastern Wayne
- Area Carolina 1-A schools compete