Preps digest: JV, middle school news
By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on February 6, 2013 1:47 PM
* Boys' basketball: Goldsboro 64, Rosewood 44 -- Eric Bufkin paced the Cougars with 18 points. D'onta Russell supplied 15 points and Nashir Bowden had 10 points.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Country Day 63, Greenfield 55 -- Jason Jones finished with 20 points for the Chargers. Preston Edwards tallied 17 points and Tyrique McClain had 13. Wayne Country Day (10-3, 4-2 CPIC) visits Pope John Paul on Friday.
* Girls'' basketball: Eastern Wayne 45, Triton 42 -- Kearah Rouse and Curyna Chase both scored 12 points for the Warriors. Casey Young contributed 10 points.
* Girls'' basketball: Greenfield 13, Wayne Country Day 12 -- Lillian Freeman scored eight points for the Chargers.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Country Day 44, Greenfield 29 -- Mitch Turnage led the Chargers with 13 points. John Strickland contributed 10 points and Jon Bryan had nine. Wayne Country Day (9-5, 6-2 CPIC) entertains St. Mary's on Thursday.
* In Tuesday's edtion of the News-Argus, a Goldsboro High girls' basketball player was incorrectly identified in a photo.
The player was Alicia Hobbs, not Nickie Tyler.
The News-Argus apologizes for the error.
Other Local Sports
- Southern Wayne wrestling boxes
- Young Saints show maturity on the mat
- CBA grapplers have no trouble
- AG boys pull away from Spring Creek
- Neuse Charter sinks Princeton boys
- GC boys stop SouthWest in OT
- Princeton girls sail through Neuse Charter
- Royals flush Trojan men in league play
- MOC begins new chapter in women's athletics program
- Trojan women drop 4th consecutive outing