Royals flush Trojan men in league play
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on February 7, 2013 1:47 PM
CHARLOTTE -- Kendall Hargrove scored 11 points off the bench, but Mount Olive saw its four-game win streak snapped after a 68-55 loss to in-state Conference Carolinas foe Queens University on Wednesday evening.
Ewon Wright and Mahamed Ibrahim provided eight points apiece and combined to hit four 3-pointers. Dory Hines collected eight steals for the Trojans, who lost for just the second time in their last 11 outings.
MOC (10-9 overall, 7-6 CC) trailed by as many as 17 points in the game and endured two four-minute scoring droughts. Queens owned a 34-20 edge in rebounding and scored 46 points in the paint.
The Trojans play host to in-state foe Lees-McRae on Saturday.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS' Thomas hits 1,000-point mark
- Chargers' Best surpasses 1,000 points for her career
- Trojan men's basketball team has adopted well to new philosophy
- MOC women's lacrosse team rolls to first-ever win
- Rosewood's Guthrie signs with Campbell
- CBA's Devin Hall finishes state 3-A runner-up in 1-meter diving
- Southern Wayne wrestling boxes
- Young Saints show maturity on the mat
- CBA grapplers have no trouble
- AG boys pull away from Spring Creek