Chargers' Best surpasses 1,000 points for her career
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 8, 2013 1:47 PM
Senior point guard Sarah Best surpassed the 1,000-point mark for her career and Wayne Country Day slipped past Community Christian 42-39 on Thursday evening.
Best contributed 13 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
Fellow senior Hannah Pearson led the Chargers with 15 points and nine rebounds.
Wayne Country Day (8-11 overall) concludes regular-season play today at Pope John Paul II Catholic in Greenville.
Other Local Sports
- Goldsboro's Darden finishes state runner-up
- Lane leads MOC women on golf links
- Trojan women net non-conference victory
- Trojan men's tennis team logs second straight shutout
- MOC softball splits with Catawba
- No. 1-ranked Trojans rally in ninth, stay unbeaten
- McKee finds groove, emerges 2013 King Pin Scratch Open champion
- Cleveland dominates ECC wrestling tournament
- Ayden-Grifton denies Rosewood's tournament-title bid
- C.B. Aycock officials close to hiring new football coach