Ayden-Grifton girls defeat Princeton
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 13, 2013 1:47 PM
PRINCETON -- An unconventional coaching move led to success as Ayden-Grifton rallied past Princeton 48-41 in Carolina 1-A Conference basketball action Tuesday night.
Charger head coach Jeff Dufour decided to slow the game down in the second half despite being behind by five points in the third quarter. The strategy led to better floor spacing and several open shots as the visitors rallied.
Cierra Dixon led Ayden-Grifton with 14 points. Destiny Dixon added 11 in the win.
Savanna Massengill paced Princeton with 13 points. Jaclyn Farrior and Charley Cox each added eight points for the Bulldogs.
Princeton (12-9 overall, 5-4 CC) is the guest of Rosewood on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Tuesday's dual-team wrestling agate
- Preps digest: JV, middle school news
- Goldsboro boys clinch league title outright
- Rosewood grapplers survive two close calls
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Rosewood wrestling match changed
- Triton trips up CBA's boys
- Rosewood boys turn back North Duplin
- Mercer paces Rosewood girls on the road
- Triton slips past CBA girls