Triton girls turn back Aycock in ECC girls' semifinals
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on February 21, 2013 1:47 PM
Triton 51, C.B. Aycock 40
* ERWIN -- Triton seized the No. 2 seed for the upcoming state playoffs with a 51-40 win over Charles B. Aycock in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference tournament semifinals Wednesday evening.
The Golden Falcons (13-13 overall) dropped to the No. 3 seed.
Taylor Daniels emerged Aycock's top scorer with 17 points, while Myleah Jones contributed 13 points and six rebounds. Quanika Artis and Daniels collected six and four steals, respectively.
Triton advanced to the ECC tournament final for the second time in the last three years and is the guest of top-seeded Eastern Wayne on Friday. Tip-off is 6 p.m. at New Hope.
The Hawks won the tournament crown in 2010.
Other Local Sports
- Local digest
- Eastern Wayne girls win ECC 3-A championship
- Triton boys rally past Southern Wayne
- Prep basketball boxes
- MOC volleyball beats EMU
- Goldsboro defeats Rosewood for girls crown
- Goldsboro wins Carolina 1-A boys title
- Thursday's prep basketball boxes
- Goldsboro pulls away
- Cougars, Eagles will meet in girls' tournament finale