E. Wayne nets season-opening win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 28, 2013 1:47 PM
FOUR OAKS -- Eastern Wayne started its tennis season with a win over Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference foe South Johnston on Wednesday afternoon.
Chaz Fitzpatrick, Mitchell Kaspar, Sawyer Thompson, Hari Chittilla and Sam Biggs each claimed a points in singles action.
The tandems of Fitzpatrick-Kaspar and Brett Chapman-Matt Holland each prevailed in doubles.
Eastern Wayne (1-0 overall) travels Cleveland on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- County grapplers seeking state titles
- NCCU hands Trojan women first loss of season in tennis
- MOC softball team splits doubleheader with UNC Pembroke
- Orrison delivers three hits for No. 2-ranked MOC
- Best leads Southern Wayne with 76 at GMGC
- Gators, Devils battle to 3-3 draw
- Fike hands CBA netters 6-3 loss
- Saints double up Gators on softball diamond
- Burroughs slugs home run in CBA defeat
- Rams suffer road loss against JH Rose