Best leads Southern Wayne with 76 at GMGC
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 1, 2013 1:47 PM
Kyle Best shot a team-best 76 and Southern Wayne finished first in a four-team meet on Thursday afternoon at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course.
The Saints compiled a team score of 328 to finish ahead of Rosewood's total of 353. Goldsboro ended the day in third place with 391 and Eastern Wayne was fourth at 457.
Southern Wayne's Timothy Stroud fired a round of 81 and Chad Davis tallied an 84. Julian Mitchell shot 87. Jonathan Barrow (88) and Lucas McKay (97) aided the Saints' cause.
The Eagles' Nick Adams earned medalist honors with a round of 71. Andrew Henn shot 88 and Jaz Verceles-Zara carded a 95. Dylan Greene (99), Taylor Britt (101) and Dylan Champion (103) completed Rosewood's scoring.
Matt Hall paced the Cougars with a round of 81. Carlin Thomas shot an 87 and Luke McAlduff finished whit a score of 108. Ian Taylor (115), Matthew Simmons (122) and Samuel Prairie (123) also competed for Goldsboro.
Ty Schmeltzer led the way for the Warriors with a score of 105 and Andrew Lockerby shot 110. Jacob Sauls (117) and Tommy Smith (125) were also on the course for Eastern Wayne.
Other Local Sports
- Local preps digest
- Trojans' comeback falls short
- Gryphons too strong for Golden Falcons
- Prep basketball boxes
- Mount Olive's women stumble at Barton
- Goldsboro's Keen earns promotion at UNCW
- Eastern Wayne advances to East Regional semifinals
- Dillon fans 11 against Belmont Abbey
- County grapplers seeking state titles
- NCCU hands Trojan women first loss of season in tennis