North Duplin edges Lakewood, 3-2
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 1, 2013 1:47 PM
CALYPSO -- North Duplin pushed across the winning run in the top of the sixth inning and hung on for a 3-2, season-opening win over Lakewood on Thursday evening.
Trey Pate collected two hits and an RBI for the Rebels. Tyler Potter also supplied a hit and an RBI.
Pate recorded six strikeouts and allowed one run on two hits in three innings of work on the mound. Cody Ivey contributed three innings of one-run relief with five strikeouts. Mitchell Thigpen earned the win with a scoreless inning of relief. The three North Duplin hurlers combined for 12 strikeouts.
The Rebels (1-0 overall) play host to Hobbton today.
Other Local Sports
- County grapplers seeking state titles
- NCCU hands Trojan women first loss of season in tennis
- MOC softball team splits doubleheader with UNC Pembroke
- Orrison delivers three hits for No. 2-ranked MOC
- Best leads Southern Wayne with 76 at GMGC
- Gators, Devils battle to 3-3 draw
- Fike hands CBA netters 6-3 loss
- Saints double up Gators on softball diamond
- Burroughs slugs home run in CBA defeat
- Rams suffer road loss against JH Rose