Rosewood's boys, girls place 2nd in track meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 12, 2013 1:47 PM
Rosewood finished in second place on both the boys' and girls' sides during a non-conference track meet against Bunn on Monday afternoon.
Fouad Ismail won the shot put for the Eagles. Tyree Chavous (discus), Marquail Almontser (triple jump), Jyonte Raynor (high jump), Josh Davis (400 meters), Zack Barnes (800 meters) and Dalton Farmer (1,600 meters) each claimed first-place finishes for Rosewood.
In the girls' events, Crystal Allen finished first in the 200- and 400-meter runs. Brynna Lee claimed the pole vault, Alysse Atwell won the 110-meter hurdles and Kasie Elliott won the 3,200-meter run.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports news
- E. Wayne-JH Rose baseball box
- Mitchell leads Aycock in golf match
- Rocky Mount hands CBA 6-3 loss in tennis
- C.B. Aycock needs extra inning to defeat South Johnston
- Saints held to two hits in ECC road loss
- South Johnston edges CBA in 8 innings
- Brann throws complete-game, five-hitter
- MOC softball team sweeps doubleheader from Coker
- Goldsboro's Murphy signs with St. Augustine's