Preps digest: JV sports news
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 20, 2013 1:46 PM
* Baseball: C.B. Aycock 12, Eastern Wayne 2, 5 innings -- Braxton Leeper led the Golden Falcons with two hits and three RBI. Cameron Kornegay provided two hits and an RBI. Caleb Smith (two RBI), Bryce Anders (RBI), Ryan Davis (RBI), Charlie Robertson (RBI), Blake Bartlett (RBI) and Mason Watt each collected a hit. Kyle Davis earned the win on the mound and allowed two runs on eight hits with seven strikeouts and one walk in a complete-game.
* Baseball: Rosewood 9, Ayden-Grifton 2 -- Nicholas Neal finished with two hits and three RBI for the Eagles. Anthony McKinney supplied two hits and two RBI. Kyler Bradley (RBI), Matthew Parson and Kahlil Warren also had two hits apiece. Jacob Dubose (two RBI), Blake Dean (RBI), Hayden Amodeo, De'Lon Nowell, and Davis Jones each added a hit. Parsons recorded the win on the mound and allowed two runs (one earned) on five hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Other Local Sports
- WBC doesn't generate excitement among USA pro players
- Preps digest: JV, middle schools news
- Saints bounce back from tough ECC road loss
- Rocky Mount-So. Wayne baseball box
- Golden Demons turn back CBA, 5-2
- Princeton knocks off Beddingfield, 3-1
- Rosewood boots North Johnston, 4-2
- JH Rose defeats Eastern Wayne on baseball diamond
- Greene Central slips past EPC foe SW Edgecombe
- Spring Creek rallies late against Jones Senior