Princeton offense erupts in 2nd inning
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 20, 2013 1:46 PM
SEVEN SPRINGS -- Princeton exploded for nine second-inning runs and rolled past Spring Creek, 16-0, in the Carolina 1-A Conference opener for both teams Tuesday evening.
Charley Cox (two RBI), Tori Paul and Savanna Massengill (four RBI) cranked out three hits apiece for the Bulldogs. Taylor Carroll added three RBI.
Paul and Kasey Johnson combined for a one-hitter and strikeouts inside the pitcher's circle.
Hailey Jones took the complete-game loss for the Gators.
Other Local Sports
- WBC doesn't generate excitement among USA pro players
- Preps digest: JV, middle schools news
- Saints bounce back from tough ECC road loss
- Rocky Mount-So. Wayne baseball box
- Golden Demons turn back CBA, 5-2
- Princeton knocks off Beddingfield, 3-1
- Rosewood boots North Johnston, 4-2
- JH Rose defeats Eastern Wayne on baseball diamond
- Greene Central slips past EPC foe SW Edgecombe
- Spring Creek rallies late against Jones Senior