Rosewood rallies in Carolina 1-A opener
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 20, 2013 1:46 PM
Rosewood rallied for four runs in the bottom of the seventh inning of a 5-4 comeback win over visiting Ayden-Grifton on Tuesday night. It was the Carolina 1-A Conference opener for both teams.
The Eagles' Jordan Gurley finished with three hits and an RBI. Reed Howell added two hits. Khalil Warren, Ethan Chapin and Jordan Lynn each had a hit and an RBI.
Howell picked up the win on the mound with two innings of one-run relief.
Rosewood visits Goldsboro on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports news
- Walnut Creek LGA news
- Gators capitalize, open Carolina 1-A play with win
- Princeton offense erupts in 2nd inning
- Tuesday's prep baseball boxes -- CBA/E. Wayne; Princeton/SCreek
- Kinston hands Spring Creek 3-1 loss in soccer
- Perez scores twice in Saints' road win
- Rosewood offense wakes up in late innings
- Wilson Christian defeats Faith Christian baseball
- Wayne Country Day scratches in win column