Aycock boys win ECC track meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 28, 2013 1:48 PM
La GRANGE -- Charles B. Aycock emerged victorious in a three-team track meet at North Lenoir on Wednesday afternoon.
The Golden Falcons tallied 82 team points. Southern Wayne ran second with 49 points and North Lenoir finished third with 30 points.
Andre South won first place in the discus and Austin Snowden claimed the 300-meter hurdles for the Golden Falcons. Marvin Alexander won the 1,600-and 3,200-meter runs. Josh Bartz claimed the 800-meter run.
C.B. Aycock swept all four relay events.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Mount Olive complete sweep of California (Pa.)
- Aycock's Moats earns boys' coach of the year
- Wagner receives girls' coach of the year honors
- Goldsboro's Moses tabbed girls' player-of-the-year
- Atkinson named boys' player-of-the-year
- Mount Olive completes sweep of California (Pa.)
- Wayne Christian breaks open game in fifth
- Strickland scores two quick goals
- Triton's McLamb no-hits C.B. Aycock