Golden Falcons drop contest against Firebirds
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 4, 2013 1:47 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Perennial 3-A powerhouse Southern Nash got ahead early in singles play and swept the doubles matches during an 8-1, non-conference win over Charles B. Aycock on Wednesday afternoon.
Stanton Head claimed the Golden Falcons' lone singles point.
"Southern Nash is a very talented team with a mirror of consistency throughout the lineup," CBA head coach Luke Vail said. "We were competitive, but logged too many unforced errors on our groundstrokes, which proved to be costly on the big points."
The Golden Falcons (5-5 overall) travel to Cleveland for a pivotal Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference match Monday. The winner remains in contention for a berth in the N.C. High School Athletic Association dual-team playoffs.
Other Local Sports
- Charger Diamond Classic boxscore
- Rosewood tops Wayne Country Day soccer
- MOC softball wins pair over Belmont Abbey
- MOC lacrosse splits
- MOC baseball wins two at Erskine
- Rosewood takes third at DJI
- Princeton wins Deacon Jones Invitational
- Deacon Jones Invitational boxscores
- Wayne Country Day baseball prevails
- Preps digest: JV sports news